I’m not sure if Meusli is really big here, but it’s pretty much a healthier alternative to oatmeal or granola. It’s chock full of seeds, nuts, oats, and dried fruit and oh by the way tastes delicious! There are lots of benefits to eating meusli as well:
- Less sugar and calories than most breakfast cereals
- High in fiber or whole grain which regulates digestion and also fills you up with just 1/4 a cup
- Source of antioxidants
- Nuts are a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acid
Be careful of: portion control, too much dried fruit (high sugar), and any brands that have high carbohydrates or saturated fat
Morning Meusli recipe:
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Meusli
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (substitute your preference)
- 1/4 chopped apple
- Dash of cinnamon and/or nutmeg
- Dash of sweetener if needed (I use 2 drops of honey or light agave nectar)
Combine all ingredients into a jar and soak overnight. Heat for 1 min then add fresh bananas, blueberries, or your choice of fruit and enjoy!
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and I never heeded that until now. I used to just live on coffee This gets me energized and keeps me full until past the lunch hour so I can teach yoga without my stomach growling! What’s your favorite winter breakfast option? Leave a message and share!